VisionWest Home HealthCare services are an essential service and will remain in operation throughout the lockdown period. We will continue to support you safely as we face COVID-19 together.
This means that right now (subject to support worker availability) we are still filling all planned visits.
To remain vigilant against Covid-19, please inform us if, you or a person living at the same address:
- Has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19
- Is a close contact of a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Have any symptoms of illness, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat and if you or your household member have contacted the GP for assessment.
If you are required to be in self-isolation for one of the above reasons, we will work with you to plan your care. Our RN Care Manager will contact you by phone to discuss revised care in detail. Non-essential visits will be deferred, and options explored to ensure essential cares are arranged. Consideration will be given to other household members living with you who can support you with your caring needs at this time.
In some cases, your appointment might be rearranged to be the last visit in the day for the assigned support worker and he/she will be wearing protective gear (e.g. mask or gloves) when they visit you. Please do not be offended.
We are working closely with Ministry of Health and your District Health Board to ensure that you continue to access the support you need.
Please also be assured that we are closely monitoring the circumstances and health of all our Support Workers to ensure that we are not putting our clients in harms way.
Hand washing remains the most important step in reducing the spread of infection and will protect you from a host of infections.
Wash Your Hands Often to Stay Healthy – for everyone
- Before, during, and after preparing food.
- Before eating food.
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Before and after treating a cut or wound.
- After using the toilet.
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet.
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste.
- After handling pet food or pet treats.
- After touching garbage.
If you or your family have questions about this process, please contact us on VisionWest Home Healthcare 0800 222 040.
We will continue to our website https://www.homehealthcare.org.nz as changes occur.