Living at home, surrounded by your own possessions, is a comfort that everyone values. But sometimes this can become difficult. Special needs that can come with injury, ill health, disability, or advancing age can make it harder for people to maintain their independence.
This need is at the core of Home HealthCare’s Mission: ‘Together; preserving independence, dignity and quality of life for people living at home requiring support.’ Assisting the aged, or those with ill health or disabilities, to live independently in their communities is central to VisionWest Community Trust’s mission and the core work of Home HealthCare.
Home HealthCare has been in operation for over 25 years. In 2016, VisionWest Home HealthCare purchased The Salvation Army’s HomeCare division expanding its reach throughout West Auckland, the North Shore, the Waikato, Rotorua and surrounding areas and also in the bay of Plenty.
A network of over 1000 support workers deliver care in the clients home to over 7500 individuals in need, with the focus of support around the client, and client’s family / whanau. Home HealthCare’s trained and empathetic support workers will respect your dignity and privacy. They are professional, reliable, trustworthy and caring, working with you to maintain your independence.
Home HealthCare promises that the focus of support is around the client, and clients family/Whanau.
Connecting to CareBy Connecting to VisionWest Home HealthCare, clients can remain living independently in their homes.
- Connect to Home HealthCare’s services
- Connect to Home HealthCare’s network
- Connect to Home HealthCare’s pastoral care
- Connect to Home HealthCare’s visitation services
- Connect to Home HealthCare’s values
- Connect to Local Church supports.
Home HealthCare is certified by HDANZ Ltd to the New Zealand Home and Community Support Sector standard 8158:2012.
HDANZ certification demonstrates our commitment to quality of care.
Home HealthCare provides services for the following people:
- The elderly
- People with disabilities
- Children with special needs
- People wanting some support
- People who have been assessed as needing support at home
- Community service card holders
- People upon discharge from hospital
- People requiring respite care
- Ministry of Health
- District Health Boards
- Accident Compensation Commission
- Private fee-paying clients
Home HealthCare’s values:
Support Workers are:
Home HealthCare is committed to being - person-centric, professional, caring, quality, safe, reliable, competent, innovative and empowering.